Tuesday 19 February 2013

All roads lead to Rome...


In my case, they actually do! This is the route I will be driving (yes, driving!) when I make the move. I had mainly looked at flying, but after a chat with my Dad, he made me see that driving was the cheaper and better option!
Driving to Rome means that I have more than my BA allowance of 22kgs and I can take a lot more of my bits and bobs with me. There are things in my house that I want to take and that simply is not an option if I fly. Not to add that it would cost me over £1,200 to fly my two cats to Rome and I think they may prefer the comfort of the Mini compared to the cargo hold of the plane! 

So, it will take nearly 18 glorious hours over 4 countries! I am actually very excited about traveling this way; I love driving and I'll get to see places I might not otherwise get the opportunity to see! Fear not, I won't be alone...the boy has offered to fly over and drive back with me which I am very happy about...although he may change his mind when he sees how much I plan to cram into the Mini + the two cats! Will be most amusing!

I plan to make the trip as fun as possible and hope the weather is on my side. An overnight stop seems likely at Geneva in Switzerland (about halfway!) and then onto Rome. It seems like a good opportunity for a photoblog so I'll make sure lots of good snaps are taken to show afterwards! 

Ciao for now,

Nina x

No comments:

Post a Comment